Create Delicious Grain-free Gluten-free AIP Pancakes
Sometimes there's nothing like whipping up a batch of pancakes to start a cold winter day. For followers of Paleo or AIP diets, traditional pancakes are off limits, so for this recipe we'll be using cassava and tigernut flour. This Grain-Free Gluten Free AIP Pancake recipe comes courtesy of Julie from Flash Fiction Kitchen. She is a Paleo/AIP blogger that tells stories to go along with her tasty recipes. Be sure to check out her site.
Serves: 20 small-medium pancakes
- 2 ripe medium-sized bananas (~2/3 c mashed)
- 1 c cassava flour
- ½ c tigernut flour
- ¾ c - 1 c coconut milk or water (batter should be spoon-able but not runny)
- 2 tb coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c fresh blueberries
- 1 tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 tb coconut oil for cooking
- Mix all ingredients (except coconut oil for cooking) together well, in order listed.
- Put a tsp of oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. When oil is warm, spoon out about 2 tb of batter and shape slightly with spoon into round pancake shape.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes per side - flip when edges are brown and bubbles appear in the surface. Can finish or keep warm in the oven (~250/275 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Serve warm, with maple syrup, more blueberries, or just eat plain!
*originally posted here on the Flash Fiction Kitchen Blog.
Leave a comment